[sane-devel] How to accurately scan A4(210mmx297mm) size paper?

Patrick Londema patrick at evilplatypus.net
Fri Jun 27 08:40:00 UTC 2008

DIN is the German standards body that actually 'invented' the A, B and
C paper standards in 1922, but ISO copied them. DIN A4 is thus exactly
the same as ISO A4, DIN A3 is the same as ISO A3, etc. I do wonder why
XSane uses DIN is the name as it might confuse a few people and
doesn't add anything. Might be that a person from Germany made that
bit of the interface, whenever I'm there the word DIN is still added
on most packs of paper too, probably just be a little national pride
at work.