[sane-devel] CIS scanners: to calibrate or not to calibrate :) this is the question (my scanner is mad and lazy :)

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard at gjaeger.de
Sun Jun 29 11:51:04 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Freitag, 27. Juni 2008, litlle girl wrote:
> Hi guyz,
> i recognize that win drivers dont calibrate my CIS scanner before scan.

Most probably it will calibrate. Right after installation of the drivers,
you'll be asked to insert a white calibration paper with black marks on
it. Then it starts calibration and stores this data somewhere.

> gt68xx backend is loosing about 20sec every time on calibrating!
> Is there any way to turn off gt68xx backend calibrating?

have a look @ the M12 entry, the flag GT68XX_FLAG_SHEET_FED
should do the trick. It'll avoid calibration.

The plustek-backend is able to store calibration data and to
read them back before scanning. This backend (and probably most
others also) needs the value from coarse calibration (the AFE stuff)
and the fine calibration (for each sensor pixel).
The calibration data is stored for each user in its ~/.sane directory.

HTH
Gerhard