[sane-devel] more actions fore sane 1.1

Oliver Rauch oliver.rauch at rauch-domain.de
Sat Mar 1 20:54:25 UTC 2008

Am Samstag, den 01.03.2008, 21:37 +0100 schrieb Étienne Bersac:
> Hi,
>
> http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=85620&dict=CALD tells the
> reverse :
>
> > to change slightly, especially in order to make more correct,
> > effective, or suitable:
>
> One given example is even about computer science :
>
> > The software is pretty much there - it just needs a little tweaking.
> > You just need to tweak the last paragraph and then it's done.

Hm. May be my understanding of "tweaking" is wrong, I am not an native
english speaker. Several translations of "tweak" to german have negative
parts: zwicken, frisieren, maulen, an etwas herumreissen, an etwas
herumdoktern

especially for "to tweak sth." = "an etwas herumdoktern":
I get a backwards translation "to meddle with sth." or "to tamper with
sth." what makes me think that my interpretation of "tweaking" goes in
the right direction.

Best regards
Oliver