[sane-devel] Support for Lexmark X1200 series (multifunction)

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Mon Mar 3 09:24:29 UTC 2008

Le Monday 03 March 2008 06:23:53 Juan Paul, vous avez écrit :
> Hi,
>
>     Someone can confirm if SANE has support for the all-in-one Lexmark
> X1200 series (X1240, X1250, X1270 or X1290)? I'm asking this because I want
> to buy one of theses models.
>
>     I have verified on the sane page and some informations are ambiguous,
> for exemple, on the Lexmark section, have one entry that the model X12xx
> (means X1200 series) have the status "good" and have worked OK under USB
> 1.1 but haven't tested on USB 2.0; Below we can find four individual
> entries: X1240, X1250, X1270 and X1290 with the status "unsupported". (the
> USB-id for all devices are the same: 0x043d/0x007d).
>

> If someone can help me, Thanks.
>
> Juan Paul
>

>       Abra sua conta no Yahoo! Mail, o único sem limite de espaço para
> armazenamento! http://br.mail.yahoo.com/

	Hello,

	there were some leftover entries in the unsupported scanners description. All
X12xx models can be handled by the lexmark backend, however development has
been done on the basis of usb logs recorded on USB1.1 for a couple of
models . There have been no report of X12xx working or failing on USB2.0, so
I can't tell you for sure it'll work. Sometimes models differs slightly by
the sensor they use and some tweaking is needed.
	But if in case you buy it and it doesn't work properly, it should be easy to
add support for it. But in this case I'd need usb logs recorded under windows
to tune the backend.

Regards,
	Stef