[sane-devel] rts8891 backend inclusion

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Fri Mar 14 14:01:06 UTC 2008

	Hello,

	I have finished a new backend for rts8891 based scanner such as HP 4470c and
Umax Astra 4400.
	It features:
		- 75, 150, 300, 600 and 1200 dpi color/gray/lineart scans
		- custom gamma table support
		- button support

	It is available as a patch at http://stef.dev.free.fr/sane/rts8891 . I has
been tested with scanimage, xscanimage, xsane, kooka and tstbackend. I also
ran it through valgrind to fix memory leaks and uninitialized variables. I
also check for 'illegal' public symbol with 'make libcheck' .
 The following files are created or updated:
	- desc files
	- man page
	- configure & configure.in
	- backend/Makefile.in
	- backend/rts88* files
	- AUTHORS

	Before committing it to CVS, I'd like it to be reviewed so that I can fix
issues I didn't notice.

Regards,
	Stef