[sane-devel] SANE backend epson2 and Epson Perfection V700 Photo

Alessandro Zummo azummo-lists at towertech.it
Fri Mar 14 14:17:39 UTC 2008

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 08:50:27 +0100
Adolf Winterer <adolf.j.winterer at inn-salzach.de> wrote:

> Can anyone on the list please help me with the following questions?
>
> 1. What is missing from the epson2 backend to reach the "complete" status for
> the Epson V700 Photo?

 maybe some particular features of the scanner are missing. I myself
 don't own one, but given that is has been listed as good on epson backend
 it should work well on epson2 too.

> 2. What function is currently NOT supported in the epson2 backend for the V700
> Photo?

 dunno, maybe Olaf knows..

> 3. Is there currently any work in progress for the V700 Photo in the epson2
> backend?

 no.

> If the answer to question 3 is "no", how can I help with this (I'm not a C
> programmer)?

 by testing the backend with debugging enabled an providing log files if
 something does not work.

--

 Best regards,

 Alessandro Zummo,