[sane-devel] SANE backend epson2 and Epson Perfection V700 Photo

Claus Boje claus at egehuset.dk
Sat Mar 15 23:00:34 UTC 2008

Lørdag den 15. Marts 2008 skrev Adolf Winterer:
> Thank you for your answer, Alessandro.
>
> Am Freitag, 14. März 2008 15:17 schrieb Alessandro Zummo:
> > On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 08:50:27 +0100
> >
> > Adolf Winterer <adolf.j.winterer at inn-salzach.de> wrote:
> > > Can anyone on the list please help me with the following questions?
> > >
> > > 1. What is missing from the epson2 backend to reach the "complete"
> > > status for the Epson V700 Photo?
> >
> >  maybe some particular features of the scanner are missing. I myself
> >  don't own one, but given that is has been listed as good on epson
> > backend it should work well on epson2 too.
>
> I've not yet made up my mind. Maybe I just take the risk and buy the
> device.
I took the risk with the epson 4990 and ended up with the job to hack the
backend, mostly because the firmware in the scanner made som funny things and
have some funny features too. I hacked the epson driver, but this driver did
not do the extended commands, but before I got the epson backed update to the
extended commands the epson2 driver from Alessandro came up, and it did the
job for me, except for the funny buggy software of the epson 4990 scanner,
which I have hacked today (it is in the driver now). Sow if your scanner not
have funny firmware it proberly runs on epson2 (if it use the ESC/I, but I
think that both v700 and v750 use the ESC/I commands, but don't blame me if
I'm not right) commands, but . We can too ask epson for the programmers
manual, I did that with the 4990 and got them without problems.
I don't know how much you can do, can you compile a packet your self ? - do
you programe/understand some c ?

Best

Claus Boje