[sane-devel] Epson Perfection V200

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Tue Mar 25 02:54:59 UTC 2008

Tourneur Henry-Nicolas <henry.nicolas at tourneur.be> writes:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I would like to know if the V200 scanner run with sane and eventually the
> package libsane-extras (available in Debian, provide epkowa) or I'm obliged
> to use iscan ?

You are not obliged to use iscan.  If libsane-extras includes the
plugin for the Perfection V200, then you should be all set.

> 	I would like to use Kooka with this scanner, as it is a frontend, I supposed
> that there is no problem ?

There shouldn't be any problem with the epkowa backend and the plugin
needed for the Perfection V200.  If you run into any, I'd like to
know (via this list please).

Please note that the plugin is currently only available for the i386
architecture.

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen             FLOSS Engineer -- EPSON AVASYS Corporation
FSF Associate Member #1962           sign up at http://member.fsf.org/