[sane-devel] SANE2 standard completion

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Fri Mar 28 19:05:37 UTC 2008

Étienne Bersac <bersace03 at gmail.com> wrote:

> By talking about HAL, i mean do not impose another system service and
> let external project do it on top of SANE, be it either a DBus daemon, a
> HAL addon, a regular daemon, etc.

Bar telling "no new service please, HAL can launch things as needed".

Yeah, that's it.

I also quite like the "users don't want another daemon running",
coming from the HAL/udev/FAM/gconfd side. I'm forgetting a couple, I'm
sure.

I'm quite sick of the desktop people trying to overtake
everything. Everything is not a desktop, the desktop is only one use
case. And we DO care about it, thanks very much.

Integrating WITH a desktop doesn't mean writing the whole stack FOR
the desktop. There are things that must be taken into consideration in
the process, but that's it.

Now, please try to understand that.

JB.

--