[sane-devel] Good bye

Oliver Rauch oliver.rauch at rauch-domain.de
Mon Mar 31 22:35:17 UTC 2008

Hello friends, sane-developpers, sane-users and everyone else who may be
interested.

I have been active for more than ten years for SANE and on the
sane-devel mailing list now. In the last years my priorities have
changed and so I decided to spend my time for my family and my little
doughter in the future.

I will still spend a little time for the development of XSane, but I
decided to unsubscribe from the sane-devel mailing list now.

I hope my work has moved SANE a bit into the right direction. But I
realized that I am the wrong one to give SANE the needed power to make
the next step. I tried to make the jump to SANE2 about five, six or more
years ago. But when there is no one who wants to follow a new standard
then it does not help to develop or optimize the new standard. So it
seems the right time for me to leave SANE now and make place for others.

For the future of the SANE standard I hope that you will take the right
decisions and that you will find a lot of people that are willing to
spend their time to add SANE-support for new scanner devices and the new
standard.

I hope that you will find a (new) leader for SANE. In fact we had no
active leader for the last years, and I think this was really bad. I
hope you will find someone like David Mosberger about 12-13 (?) years
ago, someone who is spending 200% of his free time to move SANE, someone
who has a target for SANE, someone who cares about everything but also
is able to make decisions.

This is my last mail on sane-devel.

So I say good luck and good bye.

Best regards