[sane-devel] SANE 1.1.0 Release discussion

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Tue May 6 16:52:39 UTC 2008

"m. allan noah" <kitno455 at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

>>  >  there are some patches that Julien included in its debian
>>  >  package that might be useful. I especially like the one
>>  >  that searches for config files in /etc/sane.d/dll.d
>>
>>  That's the only one that can be integrated into SANE upstream,
>>  actually. All the other patches are not fit for upstream.
>
> what is the benefit of this patch?

I wrote it so that packages providing backends outside the main SANE
packages can add their backends to the dll backend config by dropping
a dll.conf snippet under /etc/sane.d/dll.d/.

Simplified my life and the life of the hpoj and hplip maintainers at
the time.

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>