[sane-devel] SANE 1.1.0 Release discussion

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Tue May 6 16:56:19 UTC 2008

Alessandro Zummo <azummo-lists at towertech.it> wrote:

Hi,

>> >   shall xml be a free type or shall we define its tags?
>>
>> I dont know. that is why i originally left it out of 1.1.0, until some
>> upstart came along and forced my hand :) seriously, i think we should
>> leave it undefined for now, and wait until we have some examples.
>
>  this is what i defined for sane evolution:

Eeek.

Let that be XML, with a proper DTD declaration at the start, and the
frontend will error out if there's no DTD or it doesn't know how to
handle the DTD.

You're just totally losing the benefit (aheeem.) of XML if you do
anything else.

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>