[sane-devel] SANE 1.1.0 Release discussion

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Thu May 8 11:47:49 UTC 2008

On 5/6/08, Étienne Bersac <bersace03 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Thanks alan fo this post. I agree with everything on you list. Just add
>  something : would it be possible to just "ensure" that all usb scanner
>  backends support libusb:xxx:yyy as "fallback" device name ?

i think we can do that, but write it in a more general way- backends
must allow the 'name' argument to sane_open to be either the
SANE_Device.name the backend returned in sane_get_devices, or the
device name used by the sanei_ functions, if those names differ.

still not sure how to document that requirement for the front-end
author, because those device names will vary quite a bit between
platforms...

allan