[sane-devel] Sane compiling issue

Jan Coetzer janc at liquidauto.co.za
Fri May 9 09:23:55 UTC 2008

Good day,

Can someone PLEASE help. ( I am a Linux newbie )

I am trying to cross compile sane and experienced problems. I decided to
take one step back and compile the sane source on my PC running
slackware 10.2 ( and remove cross compilling from the picture )

I get the same problem.

My makefile output is:

making depend in include

make[1]: Entering directory
`/root/SoftwareDevelopment/sanetest/backend/sane-backends-1.0.19/include
'

make[1]: Nothing to be done for `depend'.

make[1]: Leaving directory
`/root/SoftwareDevelopment/sanetest/backend/sane-backends-1.0.19/include
'

making depend in lib

make[1]: Entering directory
`/root/SoftwareDevelopment/sanetest/backend/sane-backends-1.0.19/lib'

makedepend -I. -I../include *.c 2>/dev/null

make[1]: Leaving directory
`/root/SoftwareDevelopment/sanetest/backend/sane-backends-1.0.19/lib'

making depend in sanei

make[1]: Entering directory
`/root/SoftwareDevelopment/sanetest/backend/sane-backends-1.0.19/sanei'

makedepend -I. -I../include *.c 2>/dev/null

make[1]: Leaving directory
`/root/SoftwareDevelopment/sanetest/backend/sane-backends-1.0.19/sanei'

making depend in backend

make[1]: Entering directory
`/root/SoftwareDevelopment/sanetest/backend/sane-backends-1.0.19/backend
'

making depend in include

/bin/sh: line 0: cd: include: No such file or directory

make[1]: *** [depend-recursive] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory
`/root/SoftwareDevelopment/sanetest/backend/sane-backends-1.0.19/backend
'

make: *** [depend-recursive] Error 1

It looks like it is trying to do a dependency check in a directory that
does not exist.

Am I missing source code, or is the problem in my makefile?

Thanks in advance

Jan Coetzer

Liquid Automation Systems, LAS Cool Sorption and LAS Garage Equipment disclaim all liability for any loss, damage or expense however caused,
arising from the sending, receipt or use of this e-mail communication and on any reliance placed upon the information provided through this
service and does not guarantee the completeness or accuracy of the information.

This message may contain information which is confidential and subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not peruse,
use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail,
 facsimile or telephone and return and / or destroy the original message.