[sane-devel] On the topic of HTML documentation, SANE standard

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Fri May 16 19:52:15 UTC 2008

Hi,

A couple of weeks ago I fixed some typos and errors in the SANE
standard, both the LaTeX version and the HTML version.

While doing so, I realized that:
 - the HTML version is out of sync with the LaTeX version
 - the tool used for the LaTeX -> HTML conversion is obsolete
 - the LaTeX version still has plenty more typos

So:
 - if you know of a tool that does a good job with LaTeX -> HTML
   conversion, let's have a look at that. However, as this is a
   reference document on the SANE website, the filenames must be
   preserved and anchors should be preserved too

 - if you spot typos or errors in the standard while reading, please
   report them or, better yet, fix them

I'll probably fix a couple more typos as I run into them while I
continue working on my wireshark dissector for the network protocol,
and if I find some time I'll see if the HTML converter can still be
used to regenerate a current copy of the standard.

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>
<jb at jblache.org>                                  GPG KeyID 0xF5D65169