[sane-devel] Question on scanimage -f

Dieter Jurzitza dieter.jurzitza at t-online.de
Fri May 23 18:45:42 UTC 2008

Dear listmembers,
having two scanners attached to my system I get calling scanimage -L
<SCANNER1>
<SCANNER2>

choosing the appropriate command sequence with scanimage -f I can get the very
same result, except it looks like
<SCANNER1><SCANNER2>

is there any hidden way to force scanimage -f "<commandset>" to put it's
entries into separate lines so you can easily grep for a certain scanner? I
can do some sed-tweaking, but it is much more cumbersome than if I had all in
two separate lines.

Maybe I overlooked something, but adding a "\n" does not work.

Thank you very much,
take care

Dieter Jurzitza

                                \

if you really want to see the pictures above - use some font
with constant spacing like courier! :-)