[sane-devel] High Volume document scanning !!

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 12:00:04 UTC 2008

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 4:44 AM, Rod De Beer <REDeBeer at dla.gov.za> wrote:
> hi Allan
>
> Thanks so much for your reply !!!!!
>
> A little more info -:
>
> i am going with the idea of dropping the  windows based scanning system
> on my severs and workstations and looking for a linux based high volume scan
> interface
> where i can save the documents as multipage PDF and slot them as blob in the
> database
> with the METADATA using Mysql as the DB and i develop my system around that
> ????

I personally don't know of any such system, but perhaps someone else
will. Writing something like that would not be very hard, gscan2pdf
already does the front half of it, and it is perl, so very easy to
extend to a backend db.

> My scanners requirements are page size upto and including A3 black and White
> 200dpi multipage PDF (imbedded metadata) and volumes as mentioned below,
> At the moment i am leasing about 200 Canon dr9080c 's. YES !! the Fijisu
> does
> look like a strong option to go for outright purchase.

oh, the canon backend i am working on is to support the DR-9080C, so
you might be able to continue your lease :)

allan