[sane-devel] DocketPORT 465 Scanner

Jack McGill jmcgill85258 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 3 21:37:50 UTC 2008

The Docketport 465 is not currently supported by Sane. It could be added
to the 84x fork of the genesys backend. This scanner is manufactured by
the company formerly known as Syscan, and currently known as Document
Capture Technologies, www.docucap.com. Docucap scanners are sold by
Ambir, Pentax, Visioneer, Scanshell, Cardscan and others.

The docucap website does have a video that mentions linux support is
possible, but linux drivers are not available for download. I have not
yet tried to contact them about how to get linux support.

I am interested in mobile document scanners like this and I am currently
working on adding support for the Pentax DS Mobile and the Travelscan
Pro 600 scanners to the plustek backend.

I made some preliminary attempts to get a Visioneer Roadwarrior (GL842
chip) to work with the Genesys backend, but so far, can't get the motor
to work. I also have a Docketport 665 and a Visioneer XP Strobe 300 that
are both based on the Genesys GL842 chip. I suspect that once someone
"cracks the code" and gets one of the GL84x sheetfed-document scanners
to work, it should be easy to get the rest of them added.

If you are interested in adding support, I could share some (very
preliminary) information with you.

Otherwise, the following small mobile document scanners are suppored by
Sane:
1. Syscan Travelscan 464 (A4 paper size)
2. Syscan Travelscan 662 (A6 paper size)
3. Visioneer Strobe XP100 (calibration not yet working, support recently
added-must download CVS)
4. Plustek OpticSlim M12/Neat Receipts/Iriscan 2/Genius Colorpage SF600
(calibration not yet working)
5. Portable Peripherals QScan USB001/Iriscan
6. Fujitsu Snapscan S300 (this scanner is a bit larger than the others).

--
Jack McGill <jmcgill85258 at yahoo.com>