[sane-devel] Sane Release 1.1.0 ?

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Tue Nov 4 22:22:16 UTC 2008

"m. allan noah" <kitno455 at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

> damnit julien- it is called sane_status!, you dont get to declare that
> 'its not really a status, so lets not put statuses in it' it is just
> like SANE_STATUS_BUSY, where a backend might very well choose to retry
> after a few seconds.

Hmm, SANE_STATUS_DEVICE_BUSY is actually often returned when the USB
device cannot be opened because it's already in use by another
process.

I do make a difference between operation status and hardware status,
and looking at SANE_Status, there's just nothing like the "warming up"
thing in there at the moment. Though I concede that a couple of things
are borderline.

Maybe I should not try to put some sanity into SANE.

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>
<jb at jblache.org>                                  GPG KeyID 0xF5D65169