[sane-devel] Can't seem to find config files

Igor G Novikov septagramm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 10:35:47 UTC 2008

Thanks to both Jack and Olaf for advice.

Now all configuration files are in place, except one, sadly being
mustek_usb2.conf... Which is just like it was when sane was installed
from an rpm package. That's strange, because ./configure clearly says
that backend will be built:

-> The following backends will be built:
abaton agfafocus apple artec artec_eplus48u as6e avision bh canon
canon630u cardscan coolscan coolscan2 coolscan3 dc25 dmc epjitsu epson
epson2 fujitsu genesys gt68xx hp hp3500 hp3900 hp4200 hp5400 hp5590
hpljm1005 hs2p ibm leo lexmark ma1509 matsushita microtek microtek2
mustek mustek_usb nec niash pie pixma plustek ricoh rts8891 s9036
sceptre sharp sm3600 sm3840 snapscan sp15c st400 stv680 tamarack teco1
teco2 teco3 test u12 umax umax_pp umax1220u plustek_pp dc210 dc240
dell1600n_net qcam v4l net mustek_usb2

Also sane-find-scanner and scanimage -L still don't identify my scanner
(i did change sources as Jack suggested). However, sane-find-scanner
output changed slightly from when i was running it from rpm package. It
now only says my scanner is Hewlett Packard when run as root, otherwise
it doesn't say anything except vendor, product and chip id:

found USB scanner (vendor=0x055f, product=0x0408, chip=SQ113?) at
libusb:001:004
--instead of--
found USB scanner (vendor=0x055f [Hewlett-Packard.        ],
product=0x0408 [USB2.0 Scanner            ], chip=SQ113) at
libusb:001:004

So i suppose support for BearPaw, even though actually present in
sources, should be somehow enabled? How can it be done?

P.S. It's maybe offtopic, but i feel very curious. Jack, you are
precisely right about my cdma modem, where did you look it up?
                                                                     --
                                   Igor G Novikov <septagramm at gmail.com>