[sane-devel] Can't seem to find config files

Jack McGill jmcgill85258 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 6 14:59:36 UTC 2008

Great news Igor,
You are making progress! At this point, I have a couple of suggestions.
1. Read up on doing a USB sniff with the scanner connected to a windows machine. http://benoit.papillault.free.fr/usbsnoop/doc.php.en is the one that I recommend. You can scan a very small object at low resolution in color, grayscale and black and white. The log file is usually too big to post to this message board, so you'll have to find a free web site to post them too. Then, you'll have to spend some time figuring out what the logs mean. We can help.
2. Read the source code about motor accelaration curves. Some of these settings may have to be tweaked.
3. Because your scanner has a CIS detector and the 2448 TA used a CCD detector, there are going to be some changes to how the light turns on and off. The usb snoop logs should help with that. I am assumming that you made the previously suggested change to the line "is this a CIS sensor"
4. Using google, try to find a datasheet for the sq113c chip, so that you can understand what all the registers in the chip do.
5. I would suggest that for testing, you just change the code for the 2448 TA. Once you have everything working, someone will have to rewrite the code so that both scanners work.
6. This message board has a search feature. Try searching mustek usb2. You might pick up a few tips.

During testing, if your scanner makes any loud noises that are not normally heard under windows, consider unplugging it. The scanner head could be banging against the sides and could cause permanent damage to your scanner.