[sane-devel] New Backend: canon_dr

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 03:46:16 UTC 2008

I've just committed a backend to SANE CVS to support at least the
larger models of the Canon DR-series scanners. This backend has been
reverse engineered from usb traces of the DR-9080C, and supports all
modes and resolutions of that machine. Advanced options like
multi-feed detection and compression are not yet supported. Other
scanners like the DR-7580C are expected to work, but testers are
desperately needed. If you have access to any Canon scanner who's name
starts with 'DR' please contact me. I'll probably comb the mailing
list and contact any previous posters on this topic as well.

This work has been funded by Corcaribe Tecnología C.A. www.cc.com.ve

allan