[sane-devel] Avision AV122 and reading the buttons gives I/O-Error

Wilhelm Meier wilhelm.meier at fh-kl.de
Sat Nov 15 20:40:04 UTC 2008

Hi,

does anybody how to read the option status of the two buttons of this
type of scanner. The buttons on the device are labelled "Simplex"
and "Duplex", but int the manual they read as "Cancel" and "Scan".

I want to modify the sanebuttonsd-daemon to get the status of these
buttons. A look into the source of the avision backend told me, that
they are handled through the OPT_MESSAGE option.

But trying to read this option gives me:
[avision] sane_get_option_descriptor:
name: message, size: 129
[avision] sane_control_option: option=29, action=0
[avision] sane_control_option: option=message, action=GET
[avision] get_button_status:
[avision] ==> (interrupt read) going down ...
[avision] ==> (interrupt read) got: 0
[avision] get_button_status: interrupt read failed (Error during
device I/O)
S   opt[29]: message =
[avision] sane_get_option_descriptor:
name: nvram-values, size: 1024