[sane-devel] geniusvp2 development (was: Re: Bug in backend/geniusvp2_parport.c)

Anderson Lizardo anderson.lizardo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 03:06:58 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 8:34 AM, Richard Hitt <rbh00 at netcom.com> wrote:
> Hi, sane-devel
>
> In the subject source module, in function sane_geniusvp2_parport_open(),
> a test for PARPORT_MODE_EPP fails and as a result sane does not find my
> Genius ColorPage-Vivid Pro II scanner.   When this test is commented
> out, and the function returns 0, my scanner works fine and I am very happy.

Can you provide more details on which part of the code did you have to
comment out to make it work for you? If possible, can you provide your
changes in a diff/patch format?

Another thing: do you have EPP mode enabled on your BIOS?

While we are at it, geniusvp2 backend is currently incomplete,
unmaintained and not on the SANE repository, mainly because I am the
only developer and I lack time to maintain it. OTOH people still seem
to use it, which is great. So if anyone has interest to help
maintaining it, and most importantly, get it into good shape to have
it added to the SANE repository, that would be great.