[sane-devel] saned, Network Scanner, Automatic Document Feeder

nicolas.martin at freesurf.fr nicolas.martin at freesurf.fr
Thu Oct 2 16:44:52 UTC 2008

So you get this issue when pixma backend is called from saned, but not
when called directly from scanimage.

Could you get some logs from the backend.
To get traces using saned, proceed like this (this is how I do):

- stop the saned daemon (or inetd, xinetd if called by those)
- under the root account:
# export SANE_DEBUG_PIXMA=10
- restart the saned daemon (or through inetd, or xinetd)

Then from a net client, run the scanimage command.

On the scan server, you should get logs in the syslog file
/var/log/syslog, lines starting with [pixma]

Please cut/paste in a file and post

Nicolas