[sane-devel] Error running autoconf in sane-backends-1.0.19

Kisliakov, A. - Andrew - Andrew.Kisliakov at canon-europe.com
Fri Oct 3 15:07:54 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I’ve just tried adding a new backend file and, as instructed in the backend-writing.txt file, I modified the file configure.in and ran autoconf. This has resulted in the following errors:

/usr/bin/m4:acinclude.m4:606: cannot open `m4/libtool.m4’: No such file or directory

/usr/bin/m4:acinclude.m4:607: cannot open `m4/byteorder.m4’: No such file or directory

/usr/bin/m4:acinclude.m4:608: cannot open `m4/stdint.m4’: No such file or directory

So far I have tried doing this on up-to-date Fedora 9 and Ubuntu 8.04 systems, with the same results.

I suspect that a recent update to autoconf or related tools has removed the above files.

Has anybody experienced similar problems and, if so, is there an easy workaround until such time as it can be fixed in a future SANE release?

Thanks,

Andrew