[sane-devel] Patch to make XSane work with SANE 1.1

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Tue Oct 7 19:44:39 UTC 2008

Le Tuesday 07 October 2008 10:29:21 Julien BLACHE, vous avez écrit :
> stef <stef.dev at free.fr> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > +#if SANE_CURRENT_MINOR >= 1
> > +  do
> > +  {
> > +    status = sane_start(dev);
> > +  } while (status == SANE_STATUS_WARMING_UP);
> > +#else
>
> Please, tell me this is not busy-looping on sane_start() ...
>
> JB.

	Hello,

	sorry can't tell you that. It is indeed doing busy-looping. While it works
fine with the pnm backend and the rts8891 which handles warming-up, adding a
sleep() in the loop would be better. However, this will have to be replaced
with some dialog box, which is the reason there is a SANE_STATUS_WARMING_UP.
It is currently a quick fix to make XSane work with SANE 1.1.

Regards,
	Stef