[sane-devel] Perl Bindings

Jeffrey Ratcliffe jeffrey.ratcliffe at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 20:08:30 UTC 2008

The Perl bindings are more or less finished. I'm just transliterating
scanimage and scanadf into Perl for checking purposes.

It struck me that there was a potential infinite loop in the test mode
in scanimage, so I've attached a patch to fix it.

Also, I'm trying to see the logic of the use of the ",..." in scanimage.c, e.g.:

	  if (opt->type != SANE_TYPE_STRING && opt->size
	      > (SANE_Int) sizeof (SANE_Word))
	    fputs (",...", stdout);

It seems to me that it should be used for SANE_TYPE_INT and
SANE_TYPE_FIXED where there is no constraint, but it doesn't seem to
work out like that. Can anybody enlighten me?

Regards

Jeff