[sane-devel] blank page scanned with CanoScan LiDE25

Y P yellow.penguin at edpnet.be
Tue Oct 21 12:32:45 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 08:19:14AM -0400, m. allan noah wrote:
> the permissions of your program are irrelevant. it is the permissions of the USB device file that matter.
>Usually, these devices are owned by a group like scanner, and adding yourself to that group fixes the problem.

I added myself to the group scanner but it doesn't seem to resolve the
problem;
here are also the output of the command groups under my Ubuntu Hardy; tell
me what I can do anymore?

yp at ubu:~$ groups
yp adm dialout cdrom floppy audio dip video plugdev scanner fuse lpadmin admin

Y P

--- Our previous session ---