[sane-devel] blank page scanned with CanoScan LiDE25

Y P yellow.penguin at edpnet.be
Tue Oct 21 13:14:02 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 12:55:11PM +0000, g wrote:

> Y P wrote:
> > I added myself to the group scanner but it doesn't seem to resolve the
>
> is re-logging system or reboot required for group assignment?

Well, today is another day, and today I'm still unable to scan without being
sudo, so rebooting or completely restart the pc doesn't fix the problem.
That means it is really a perm problem.

> ria, a couple years back, when using mandrake, i had to do one or other
> to get into scanner group.

As said, I added myself to scanner, but i am wondered to see sighted persons
who doesn't had that problem from within Gnome/Xsane: in my case I have to
fix it for the console.
But note taht on a remove pc (Feisty) my partner does uses her scanner as
well graphically as under console, without having to become sudo.

Y P