[sane-devel] blank page scanned with CanoScan LiDE25

Y P yellow.penguin at edpnet.be
Tue Oct 21 15:25:23 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 09:39:43AM -0400, m. allan noah wrote:
> gentlemen- we have led YP astray. It seems that recent Ubuntu and
> Fedora no longer install udev rules, but rather, use ConsoleKit and
> hal to manage device access.
>
> look around in /usr/share/hal/fdi for some sort of libsane.fdi file.

OK, the directory exist.
But no libsane.fdi there.
It's elsewhere... see more below.

> Verify that the scanner's usb vendor and device ids are in that file.
> If they are, then perhaps the hal fdi cache is corrupt, see ubuntu bug
> #211708 for a possible fix.

On my Hardy, there is a file called 20-libsane.fdi; the path is:
/usr/share/hal/fdi/preprobe/10osvendor/
and the 20-libsane.fdi file is +/- 210k great.

Content regarding LiDE25 is:

<snip>

      <!-- Canon CanoScan LiDE25 -->
      <match key="usb.vendor_id" int="0x04a9">
        <match key="usb.product_id" int="0x2220">
          <append key="info.capabilities" type="strlist">scanner</append>
          <merge key="scanner.access_method" type="string">proprietary</merge>
        </match>
      </match>

</snip>

i don't know if that info should be relevant for resolving the problem.

GrtnX,

Y)ellow P)enguin