[sane-devel] Mustek Scanexpress A4 USB 600 Pro - any progress?

Daniel Stender daniel at danielstender.com
Sun Oct 26 15:35:32 UTC 2008

Hi guys,

is there any progress towards Mustek A3 USB 600 Pro?

Once again the state of affairs:

there is a Linux driver (deb and rpm) available @ http://www.mustek.com.tw/apprg/showdriverinfo?LID=2&PRODUCTID=SE_A3USB600Pro&LSID=8. That's a custom
quick'n'dirty manipulation of mustek_usb2 of libsane 1.0.19, there is no AMD64 binary included and it's not possible to use this driver within
official Sane parallel to other scanners. Furthermore their driver packets might violate the GPL.

I've written to the Mustek guys several times to reveal their source mustek_usb2 but with no reply at all.

I am in contact with some others and there is a certain public demand. I am going to set up a site on that issue with a guestbook to gather other
users with the same interest. Others should ask for the driver source from Mustek, too, to get it included into the official Sane source. Are the
Mustek developers following this list?

If one of the Sane developers is interested in working on another driver means a "serious" customization of mustek_usb2 to fit that model, I've made a
USB sniff running on a Vista, it's @ http://www.danielstender.com/dateien/mustek_scanexpress_a3_600_pro.usbsnoop (56 MB)

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2008-January/020722.html
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2008-January/020733.html
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2008-August/022582.html