[sane-devel] About the hardware lsit

A B gentosaker at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 10:07:33 UTC 2008

Time is not  what I have plenty of and I guess a lot of other people
does not have this :-(

A simple suggestion that I would think would make it seem easier to
do: set default values and treat every scanner as old or unmarked
until someone adds valid data. Then you have 0 scanners to fill in
data for! Problem solved!  ;-)

On the other hand, every NEW scanner should be added with the extra
data.That is much simpler. Then perhaps also create interfaces that
computer stores could use to lookup if the specific modell is usable
in linux. Every lookup would also mean that you know that that scanner
is currently available...

Perhaps talking to the people at linux printing, linux on laptops or
other linux hardware pages to work against a common interface?