[sane-devel] High Volume document scanning !!

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 11:46:05 UTC 2008

2008/10/31 Rod De Beer <REDeBeer at dla.gov.za>:
> Hi there !!
>
> My name is Rod De Beer and i would like to know if there is a document
> scanning frontend
> for high volume document scan/store/retrieve approx 5000 pages per scanner
> per day x 20
> scanners?

Most any command line frontend could handle the speed, eikazo probably
could too. The big question is where/how do you want them stored. For
that, you might need something custom written.

> and which production document scanners are picked up by SANE?
>
> please help !!!! i want to completely move away from windows !!!!!

The second question is easier. Sane already contains a backend for the
big fujitsu machines (fi-5900, etc), they are well supported. I also
have two alpha backends for big Kodak and big Canon machines, but
those are pretty rough yet.

Do you already own scanners?

allan