[sane-devel] [iscan] New release available
olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Wed Sep 24 06:41:07 UTC 2008
A new release of Image Scan! for Linux has been made available on my
employer's website. The release announcement is at:
As you can see, there are now also Debian packages.
Now for what you can't see there :-) Here is the relevant bit of the
NEWS file for iscan-2.12.0:
* adds support for the following scanners:
- Epson ES-H7200
- Epson GT-1500 (requires iscan-plugin-gt-1500)
- Epson GT-20000
- Epson GT-D1000 (requires iscan-plugin-gt-1500)
- Epson GT-X970
- Epson LP-M6000
- Epson Stylus NX200
- Epson Stylus NX400
- Epson Stylus SX200
- Epson Stylus SX400
- Epson Stylus TX200
- Epson Stylus TX400
* adds support for automatic document size detection
* adds support for speed priority scanning
* adds support for TIFF and PDF image output
* adds ADF duplex support. The backend option has been renamed from
`adf_mode` to `adf-mode` so all backend options now use hyphens to
* improves last sheet scanning with the ADF unit for the ES-10000G,
Expression 10000XL, ES-7000H and GT-15000
* image file format now defaults to the format last used instead of
resetting to PNM after every scan. Also, PNG is now the preferred
* adds experimental support for 64-bit machines (source only)
Yes, you can build your own 64-bit packages now! See the README for
Plugins for 64-bit machines are not available yet.
# But work is underway for several of them (not all, though).
If you want to use the latest iscan version for older models, please
select one of the newer models. There is a "bug" in our download
pages so that you only get to see the package for which support of the
older model was tested.
# Trying to get this "fixed" ...
Beware though that older plugin using models (still) do not work with
iscan-2.11 or later. Use iscan-2.10 instead. Select the GT-X770 or
Perfection V500 for a page from which you can download that version.
# Work is underway to fix a number of plugins (but not all).
Hope this helps,
Olaf Meeuwissen, LPIC-2 FLOSS Engineer -- AVASYS Corporation
FSF Associate Member #1962 Help support software freedom
More information about the sane-devel