[sane-devel] Proposed sane-backends release

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 13:17:19 UTC 2009

We have a great deal of updated code in SANE CVS, including several
new backends. It has been 14+ months since our last release. The big
stumbling block so far has been manpower, and uncertainty around the
status of updated 'sane 1.1' features. Lately on this list we are
repeatedly telling users to compile sane-backends. I propose to
rectify this situation by backing out the sane 1.1 specific API
changes (new frame types and statuses) and release v 1.0.20.

schedule:

Feature freeze on April 19, code freeze on April 26, release on May 3.

Comments?

allan