[sane-devel] MP730 driver broken since pixma-0.12.2

Nicolas Martin nicolas.martin at freesurf.fr
Fri Apr 3 21:17:13 UTC 2009

Sorry, posted answer in wrong thread.

As far as I can see in the differences between older versions of the
pixma standalone driver and today's, concerning usb exchanges for MP730,
the older drivers did not use events polling whereas newer do with usb
interrupt reads.

First, did you try to remove the PIXMA_CAP_EVENTS flag for the pixma 730
declaration (at the botom of file pixma_mp730.c) and see how it
behaves ?

I will also send you some modified files for the pixma backend to
investigate why this usb low level error appears.

Nicolas