[sane-devel] epson2 Epson v700 scanning at bit rate > 8 corrupts images

Oleg Perelet perelet at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 11 15:21:57 UTC 2009

Hello, when I scan at bit rate higher than 8 I get corrupted images (see links bellow). It does not matter if I use color or grayscale. Looking at images I may guess what tiff scanline is packed not right, but I maybe wrong.

I can do changes and rebuild/retest backend.

Mac OS 10.4.11

Command line:
scanimage --format tiff -d epson2 --mode Gray  --source "Transparency Unit" --film-type "Negative Film" --depth 8 > 8.tiff

(and 2 subsequent - replace 8 to 12 or 16)

http://www.perelet.com/tmp/8.tiff
http://www.perelet.com/tmp/12.tiff
http://www.perelet.com/tmp/16.tiff

I also placed 2 full (255) logs: