[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 2450 and Transparency Unit

Alessandro Zummo azummo-lists at towertech.it
Wed Apr 22 12:12:31 UTC 2009

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 08:01:36 -0400
Marc Deslauriers <marcdeslauriers at videotron.ca> wrote:

> > > Any ideas?
> >
> >  try enabling some debug by setting the env
> >  SANE_DEBUG_EPSON2=12
> >

> Ah! I was wondering why SANE_DEBUG_EPSON wasn't working for me. Of
> course, it's the epson2 driver! Is there a man page for epson2?

 no, but you can take man epson and add a "2" :D
> Here is the log:

 ok, the are a couple of issues:

> [epson2] sane_epson2_open: name = libusb:001:007
> [epson2] init_options
> [epson2] open_scanner
> [epson2] esci_reset
> [epson2] e2_cmd_simple: size = 2
> [epson2] e2_send: ESC @
> [epson2] e2_recv: expected = 1, got = 0
> [epson2] e2_txrx: rx err, Error during device I/O
> [epson2] e2_cmd_simple: failed, Error during device I/O

 reset fails. strange but should not harm.

> [epson2] tpu status      : 0xc0
> [epson2]  installed
> [epson2]  enabled
> [epson2] device type     : 0x00
> [epson2] main body status: 0x00
> [epson2] sane_epson2_start: scanning...
> [epson2] e2_start_ext_scan
> [epson2] e2_send: FS G
> [epson2] e2_start_ext_scan: fatal error
> [epson2] sane_epson2_start: start failed: Error during device I/O
> scanimage: sane_start: Error during device I/O
> [epson2] e2_recv: expected = 1, got = 0

 mmm TPU is enable but can fails. probably incorrect parameters.
 can you try without giving parameters to scanimage, just the tpu ?

 you might eventually isolate this section of the log,
 using a higher log level to see if there's any clue.

 maybe Olaf knows more

--

 Best regards,

 Alessandro Zummo,