[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 2450 and Transparency Unit

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Fri Apr 24 00:23:46 UTC 2009

Alessandro Zummo <azummo-lists at towertech.it> writes:

> On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 08:01:36 -0400
> Marc Deslauriers <marcdeslauriers at videotron.ca> wrote:
>
>> [snip]
>>
>> [epson2] tpu status      : 0xc0
>> [epson2]  installed
>> [epson2]  enabled
>> [epson2] device type     : 0x00
>> [epson2] main body status: 0x00
>> [epson2] sane_epson2_start: scanning...
>> [epson2] e2_start_ext_scan
>> [epson2] e2_send: FS G
>> [epson2] e2_start_ext_scan: fatal error
>> [epson2] sane_epson2_start: start failed: Error during device I/O
>> scanimage: sane_start: Error during device I/O
>> [epson2] e2_recv: expected = 1, got = 0
>
>  mmm TPU is enable but can fails. probably incorrect parameters.
>  can you try without giving parameters to scanimage, just the tpu ?
>
>  you might eventually isolate this section of the log,
>  using a higher log level to see if there's any clue.
>
>  maybe Olaf knows more

Judging by the rest of this thread I'm joining the party late ;-)

FWIW, the epkowa backend treats the first n fatal errors on a "start
scanning" command the same as a not-ready, modulo some conditions.

See read_image_info_block in epkowa.c for details.

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen, LPIC-2           FLOSS Engineer -- AVASYS Corporation
                 http://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=1962