[sane-devel] Xerox Documate 510 Backend

jhoyos at videobase.net jhoyos at videobase.net
Tue Apr 28 22:26:24 UTC 2009

Hi Bryan,

I'm using that scanner too on Linux Ubuntu Jaunty, but having a couple of
issues:

- some color (cyan/magenta) bars over the output: if you scan things on a
gray scale it works great, but not when using color. Is this happening to
you too?

- ADF not working: the device gets blocked and need to restart it to make
it usable.

Our libsane is 1.0.19-23 version. XSane is the frontend but problems arise
on anothers too.

I suppose backend on CVS you used is not on ubuntu repo.

Any help will be appreciated.

Juan Hoyos

----
Your message below:
----

Wow that did the trick.  That was a lot easier than I had expected.

Now that I have things working is there a battery of tests that I can  run
to maybe update the status from unsupported for others reference?

To chime in on the version control issue that was discussed in a few
earlier messages, I personally am very fond of git.  It has a bit of a
learning curve since conceptually it is different from most other  version
control systems, but it is also fast and powerful.  I have used  it now
for several projects and the more I use it the more powerful I  see that
it is.  Just my $0.02.

Bryan

Rene Rebe wrote:
> m. allan noah wrote:
thing is rather irregular. Perhaps Rene can answer your questions,
now
>>> Well, the DM510 ID is in CVS, maybe even the last tarball
>>> release.
>> Can you look, and give Brian a better hint as to what to try next?
> Bryan: If you have not done so yet, you can go ahead and try the CVS
version of SANE and see if you scanner already just works (tm). Yours,