[sane-devel] usbsnoop2libusb problem

Stefan Below stefanbelow at gmx.de
Wed Apr 29 19:21:33 UTC 2009

Hello,

i am no sure if this is the right mailing list for my problem, but maybe
someone has a hint for me :-)

Now i have a little bit more time for my litte pen scanner (C-PEN
10/20). A couple of month ago, i compiled the  usbsniff traffic with
usbsnoop2libusb and it runs fine, but now, after upgrading my system to
Ubuntu jaunty (Kernel 2.6.28) i get the following USB URB errors:

 sudo ./driver 0a93 000d
usb_set_debug: Setting debugging level to 255 (on)
usb_os_find_busses: Found 007
usb_os_find_busses: Found 006
usb_os_find_busses: Found 005
usb_os_find_busses: Found 001
usb_os_find_busses: Found 004
usb_os_find_busses: Found 003
usb_os_find_busses: Found 002
usb_os_find_devices: Found 001 on 007
usb_os_find_devices: Found 001 on 006
usb_os_find_devices: Found 003 on 005
skipped 1 class/vendor specific interface descriptors
skipping descriptor 0x21
skipped 1 class/vendor specific endpoint descriptors
usb_os_find_devices: Found 002 on 005
skipped 1 class/vendor specific interface descriptors
usb_os_find_devices: Found 001 on 005
error obtaining child information: Inappropriate ioctl for device
error obtaining child information: Inappropriate ioctl for device
usb_os_find_devices: Found 001 on 001
usb_os_find_devices: Found 002 on 004
skipped 1 class/vendor specific interface descriptors
usb_os_find_devices: Found 001 on 004
error obtaining child information: Inappropriate ioctl for device
usb_os_find_devices: Found 003 on 003
skipped 1 class/vendor specific interface descriptors
usb_os_find_devices: Found 001 on 003
error obtaining child information: Inappropriate ioctl for device
usb_os_find_devices: Found 001 on 002
USB error: could not get bound driver: No data available
usb_get_driver_np returned -61
1 get descriptor returned 18, bytes: 12 01 00 01 fe 01 00 10 93 0a 0d 00
01 01 01 02 00 01 ".................."
2 get descriptor returned 48, bytes: 09 02 30 00 01 01 00 80 32 09 04 00
00 00 fe 01 00 00 07 21 07 00 04 00 04 09 04 00 01 01 fe 01 00 00 07 05
02 02 40 00 01 07 21 05 00 04 00 04
"..0.....2..........!.................. at ...!....."
3 set configuration returned 0
3 set alternate setting returned 0
USB error: error submitting URB: No such file or directory
4 interrupt read returned -2, bytes:
USB error: error sending control message: Broken pipe
5 control msg returned -32, bytes:
USB error: error submitting URB: No such file or directory
6 interrupt read returned -2, bytes:
USB error: error sending control message: Broken pipe
7 control msg returned -32, bytes:
USB error: error submitting URB: No such file or directory
8 interrupt read returned -2, bytes:
USB error: error submitting URB: No such file or directory
9 interrupt read returned -2, bytes:
USB error: error submitting URB: No such file or directory
10 interrupt read returned -2, bytes:
USB error: error submitting URB: No such file or directory
11 interrupt read returned -2, bytes:
USB error: error submitting URB: No such file or directory
12 interrupt read returned -2, bytes:
USB error: error submitting URB: No such file or directory
13 interrupt read returned -2, bytes:
USB error: error submitting URB: No such file or directory

and so one....
And i have absolute no idea why its not working any more. I think it has
something to do with the new kernel or libusb stuff...

Thanks for your help,
Stefan