[sane-devel] Canon PIXMA 990 sane support

Jean-Michel Pouré jmpoure at free.fr
Thu Dec 3 12:33:37 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-11-28 at 16:39 +0100, Jean-Michel Pouré wrote:
> Please leave me some time before I can turn back to you to
> garantee it works.

I am getting back with more information.
The Canon PIXMA 990 is almost working:

* Sane GIT can scan from root account, but not user account (even with
scanner group). Can it be fixed using a libsane udev rule. I modified
mode to be 0666 without success:

ATTRS{idVendor}=="04a9", ATTRS{idProduct}=="1740", MODE="0666",
GROUP="scanner", ENV{libsane_matched}="yes"

* Network and USB scanning works.

* The resulting image has a color problem. The color layers are not in
sync, thus providing a "blur" effect.

Let's consider a color point. After scan, this point is displayed as
three points (one for each color).

Any idea? Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel