[sane-devel] Backend for plustek Opticbook 3600

Chris Berry s0457957 at sms.ed.ac.uk
Mon Dec 7 18:30:15 UTC 2009

Ok I have managed to use SniffUSB to extract some data during the
calibration and preview stages, there is too much to post here but im
not sure how to interpret it. I have tried usb-robot but am struggling
to get it working (it tells me there is a problem finding libusb header
which is installed?). Any advice of where to go from here would be great :)

Thanks

Chris

On 12/06/2009 10:07 PM, stef wrote:
> Le dimanche 6 décembre 2009 20:18:17 Chris Berry, vous avez écrit :
>
>> Thanks for the info Stef, I have run sane-find-scanner on the scanner
>> and it confirms that the chipset is indeed GL482. I was under the
>> impression the Genesys backend was for GL481, does it support GL482 as
>> well?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Chris
>>

> 	Hello,
>
> 	yes, it already supports several gl842 scanners. You may start to add support
> for the Opticbook 3600 by adding an entry in genesys_devices.c and in
> genesys.conf.in . You'll may have to tweak GPIO handling. In any case, windows
> usbsnoop of calibration and preview will be useful.
>
> Regards,
> 	Stef

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.