[sane-devel] Backend for plustek Opticbook 3600
jmcgill85258 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 10 02:52:51 UTC 2009
I have a couple of suggestions, but I am by no means an expert here.
1. If you compress your log files they will be a lot smaller (your 10 MB logs compress to 1.4 MB using zip or tar.gz. Then you won't have to split them. In windows you can right click on the file and then left click Send To, then click on Compressed (zip).
2. When you are doing your usb snooping under windows, scan a very small area, like a business card or smaller. Use a low resolution, like 50 or 100 dpi to keep the file size smaller. I would do it in color, but I don't have a good reason for this.
3. Your log should start at URB 1. Yours starts at URB 6705. I think you can reset the sniff usb program and unplug and replug your scanner's usb cord then do your sniffing.
4. It might be helpful to see your original snoop log, before it is run through Pierre's scripts.
5. As a starting point, you are using the CCD, Motor, GPO, and DAC settings for the Canon Lide 25. The correct settings for your scanner will likely be slightly different. The CCD, GPO and DAC settings can be figured out from the snoop logs. I think the motor settings are trial and error, but there might be a way to get those from the snoop logs as well.
So, try to get a few more good snoop logs. Then Stef may be able to suggest some new CCD, GPO and DAC settings.
--- On Wed, 12/9/09, Chris Berry <s0457957 at sms.ed.ac.uk> wrote:
> From: Chris Berry <s0457957 at sms.ed.ac.uk>
> Subject: Re: [sane-devel] Backend for plustek Opticbook 3600
> To: "stef" <stef.dev at free.fr>
> Cc: sane-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org
> Date: Wednesday, December 9, 2009, 6:20 PM
> Hi guys,
> i'm a little bit stuck with what to do next. I have set up
> as suggested in previous mails and now I have an image
> coming it but it is very garbled. For image reference please
> see the project webpage http://sites.google.com/site/bez625/updates-1/firstattempts/run-genesys.pnm
> . If someone could point me in the right direction from here
> I would be grateful
> -- The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body,
> registered in
> Scotland, with registration number SC005336.
> sane-devel mailing list: sane-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org
> Unsubscribe: Send mail with subject "unsubscribe
> to sane-devel-request at lists.alioth.debian.org
More information about the sane-devel