[sane-devel] GPL driver for Samsung SCX-4200 MFP

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Sun Feb 1 12:39:46 UTC 2009

ABC <abc at telekom.ru> wrote:

Hi,

> There is two interfaces in device, I use sanei_usb_open which is
> claiming right interface.

Ah, nice. I missed that :)

> How could it conflict?

The problem is not a hard conflict in this case, but:

usb 1-1: usbfs: interface 1 claimed by usblp while 'scanimage' sets config #1

Can't change the device config while somebody has claimed an
interface. It's a common issue we've had forever :( I have a distant
memory that something in sanei_usb has been changed at some point
regarding setting configuration etc.

> Is this problem generic with MFP devices?

Yes.

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>