[sane-devel] Which HP-AIO Devices are supported by SANE

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 09:50:49 UTC 2009

rohit bal wrote:
> I want to make a custom Scan application supporting HP-AIO devices.
>
> Can anyone give me the list of All HP-AIO devices supported by SANE.

HP's multi-function devices are not supported by the core package of
SANE. They use the add-on SANE driver of HPLIP from

http://hplipopensource.com/

Here you find a list of all supported devices. The driver is fully
open-source for 98 % of the devices (there are a few which need a
proprietary plug-in). So for nearly all of the devices you can take the
code for your application.

    Till