[sane-devel] Which HP-AIO Devices are supported by SANE

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 14:02:19 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 8:54 AM, rohit bal <rohitsharma36 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> ohh I am very sorry I did not understand what you said earlier.
>
> now I typed which scanimage , the output is below
>
> OUTPUT:>/usr/local/bin/scanimage

and there is your problem. You have two copies of sane installed. The
copy in /usr/local has support for the newer scanners, the system copy
in /usr does not. Your $PATH has set /usr/local/bin to come first, so
you are running that copy of scanimage, which is linked against the
newer sane you built from source. Your program compiles and links
against the system copy, because your linker does not look in
/usr/local/lib first.

The fix for this is something i mentioned about 50 mails ago: you
should remove the copy of sane from /usr/local, and instead rerun
configure with the proper arguments to overwrite the system copy of
sane, then make && make install.

allan