[sane-devel] problems on OS/2

Franz Bakan fbakan at gmx.net
Sat Feb 7 11:40:46 UTC 2009

Hi,

> Anyone with access to OS/2, please try out current CVS.
>
> I've reverted back to -version-info with libtool; same as 1.0.19.

I'm very sorry, but I forgot to mention important details
in my last mail about the problems with libtool when
compiling Sane on OS/2 after the latest changes in CVS.

The whole libtool stuff also did not work very well on OS/2
before the latest changes.

The way to build on OS/2 was to run configure and then
replace the autogenerated libtool with a rather old version
of libtool (once patched by Yuri Dario some years ago).

This always worked.

After the latest changes this approach fails with:

 libtool: unrecognized option `--tag=CC'
 Try `libtool --help' for more information.

So I tried to use the autogenerated libtool and got
the 'CURRENT' problem mentioned in my last mail.

I now tried the latest CVS after Chris reverted the libtool changes.

Now it still does not work the 'old way' (replacing libtool with
the locally hosted old version from Yuri).
I still get the
 libtool: unrecognized option `--tag=CC'
error.

But when I now use the autogenerated libtool the
'CURRENT problem' is gone and I get further.

While building I get a lot of
 mv -f .deps/nnn.Tpo .deps/nnn.Plo
 mv: .deps/nnn.Tpo: No such file or directory
errors nnn is a placeholder for various filenames.

If I run make again (and again) I get past these errors.
Perhaps a timing issue.

But the build process get's to an end without further error messages.

The object files and the libs and the exe files are generated.
But the shared libraries (DLLs) are missing.

I tried the build process with sh configure --prefix=/usr.
Still have to try with '--disable-shared --enable-static'

Franz