[sane-devel] Canon Pixma MX300 - it may or may not be supported by SANE?

Adam PAPAI wooh at wooh.hu
Tue Feb 10 13:25:20 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've tried to install the sane-backed from the CVS repo. I followed
these instructions:

http://mp610.blogspot.com/2008/04/give-your-scanner-new-freshly-sane.html

Everything went fine, except when I run sane-find-scanner and scanimage
-L I got these outputs:

root at terulet02:/home/rendszergazda# sane-find-scanner

   # sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the
   # result is different from what you expected, first make sure your
   # scanner is powered up and properly connected to your computer.

   # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make
sure that
   # you have loaded a kernel SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.

found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9 [Canon], product=0x1727 [MX300 series])
at libusb:006:003
   # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be
supported by

   # Not checking for parallel port scanners.

   # Most Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary ports
   # can't be detected by this program.

scanimage -L

The DOCs say the MX300 is supported, but it seems not. What should I do now?

Thanks in advance,

--
Adam PAPAI
NETIDEA Informatikai Szolgaltato Kft.